
Yesterday, I had great fun as I went on an excursion with my good friend, Melissa (right) into Boston. We made our way into town from the Wollaston "T" Station to the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA). My mom has an MFA membership so we were able to use her passes and get in for free! :-) We both had fun wandering around looking at everything from Renoir to Monet to Pollack to Hopper. Art is a pretty cool thing.

The main exhibit currently on display at the MFA is called 'The Quilts of Gees." Inside are a collection of quilts made by a group of African American women throughout the past decades. My mom had been to the exhibit with both my dad and grandmother and has been raving about it, so we thought we'd go inside and take a look. It was surprisingly very interesting to see. To the right, you'll see a picture of one of the quilts from the exhibit. (Keep in mind, this picture doesn't do the quilt justice as you can't even begin to see the stitches, etc.) But, I was pleased with how the picture came out so I thought I'd share it. I didn't realize until the end of the exhibit where I found a sign that said "please do not take photographs of the quilts." But anyways...

After our time at the MFA was completed, we decided to walk and find some lunch. We ate some really good sandwiches at an Au Bon Pain near Northeastern University. After lunch we made our way towards the Prudential Center to look around. We got to the Prudential and was walking by the Barnes and Noble only to see this huge crowd of people around the front entrance. As we got closer, I realized it was Trot Nixon from the Red Sox! He and his wife were signing a new children's book about Fenway Park that was just released. I believe the kid with him in the picture above is his child, but I'm not positive.
So, all in all, it was a very pleasant and relaxing day in Boston. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to a return trip when I'm back home to the MFA and the Ansel Adams exhibit that will be opening soon!
1 comment:
I love it! The pictures make it super fantastic! I had a great time too and I am really looking forward to Ansel Adams!
Post a Comment