Sunday, September 25

From The Campaign Trail


Well, for those of you who didn't know--I am in the midst of a campaign to become the next Freshman Class Secretary. I've been campaigning for about two weeks now, putting up flyers, talking to people and getting the word out. Last Thursday night in the Rec Room, I delivered my campaign "presentation" (as I like to call it) to a crowd of about 150 students. After my opponent finished with her speech, the music of "I Want Candy" began. I had three gracious friends that were willing to help me out by holding pictures of me in the front. The music played, and one by one they turned around revealing a different headshot of myself. Then when the chorus came, they flipped the posters around, to say "I WANT ANDY!" After the song was over and the crowd was laughing, I came to the front, introduced myself and encouraged them to vote. Online voting started the next morning (last Friday) and goes until Wednesday afternoon. I should get the results of the election in less than four days from now! I'll be sure to keep you posted...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You crack me up! I love the creativity-- keep us posted on the election.

Anonymous said...

Hey there hottie. So i'm pretty much waiting for you to marry me any day now seriously. Just waiting............. hahaha jk. i luv yas dude!!!!