Well the first night spent in Africa is over and it was good to sleep! I woke up at 6:00 a.m. after almost 10 hours of sleep and was quite warm under all the blankets and sheets. The shower I took was so refreshing after having stayed in the same clothes for almost three days straight! I used my brand new microfiber towel and was very satisfied with how fast I dried off and how good it was! Breakfast was at 7:15 a.m. and consisted of toast, fried eggs and seasoned white fish that was quite good. Many of the students around us made sandwiches out of them which looked really good. We had some down time after breakfast so we stopped and talked to each other and some students until chapel time. Each Thursday all the students gather for a weekly chapel service. We were introduced to the service and each of us took turns sharing about who we were and what we were feeling and thinking. When we had finished we took questions from the students ranging from the role of women in the family and society in North America to the racial makeup of the Nazarene church in the U.S. Pretty big questions! But it was good to share and have them ask questions about where we were coming from.
No comments:
Post a Comment