Sunday, June 10

Baking In Bakersfield

Well, its Day Two and I'm checking in from our host family's home in Bakersfield. The whole team is over and we just finished lunch and are taking our Nazarene Naps. The house has wireless internet, so I thought I'd share some of what's been going on.

We arrived here late last night and went to Ridgeview Community Church, to unload the bus and set up all of our gear. Last night, we ate dinner at our host family's home, The Huckabys and enjoyed being with their family. Kevin and Heidi are the youth pastors at RCC and have 8 foster kids, ranging in ages from 1 to 14. Nonetheless, it was a pretty crazy scene to come in on but we had a lot of fun playing cards and enjoying a meal together.

This morning was an early wake up and we headed to the church to sound check for our first service at 7:30 a.m. We finished up the first service and then made some stops in the high school class and the college class during the Sunday School time. We fielded some questions on Point Loma and shared a little bit as well. Then we played our second service, tore down and came over the Huckabys house where we are now.

This morning went well and I'm looking forward to the week ahead. The Huckabys are directing the camp this week for Central Cal District and it should be a lot of fun. After this week of camp, we then are headed to Arizona for two back-to-back camps.

Next time I'll probably blog from our hotel room in Arizona, hopefully with photos! Enjoy the week ahead...

No comments: