Friday, June 8

Checking In with Called Out

Well, the summer has continued and I'm back on Point Loma's campus during this week for training with my summer ministry team, "Called Out." We arrived on Sunday evening, practiced 8 hours on Monday and then 10 hours on Tuesday. Wednesday was spent mostly focusing on preparing for our commissioning service which went really well. Today, was our official "day off" and we spent it by starting with breakfast at Einstein's and then went kayaking in the San Diego harbor and ended up at Coronado. It was a fun day.

We are packing up the bus tomorrow and finishing up with some practicing. After doing some laundry and other last minute things, we'll spend one last night here in Flex Apartments and then get the bus loaded and drive to Bakersfield. Our first church will be at Ridgeview Church of the Nazarene. Then our first camp starts on Tuesday with Central Cal District Junior High Camp.

I'll be posting more updates as I can, including some photos from this week of training before we pack up and leave on Saturday morning.

No comments: