Today was the start of the spring semester and I had three of my five classes.
I began the day bright and early with a 6 a.m. wakeup call to get ready for the day. I made a breakfast of oatmeal, yogurt and orange juice, checked the morning news headlines on my laptop and then hit the shower and got dressed for the day. I finished getting ready and headed out of the apartment to make the very short walk over to Colt Hall where I had my first class at 7:15 a.m.! I've chosen to take an elective course on Urban Politics as a part of my units this semester. It meets MWF at 7:15 a.m. so it'll be an early start to the day, but I'm really excited for the course after today's class. I'll have to blog about my experiential learning exercises that I'll participate in as a part of the course.
After about an hour in my ASB office checking email and looking at the schedule for the week ahead, I went to the first chapel of semester to hear our University President, Dr. Bob Brower speak. Once chapel, I made my way to my next class, Intro to Philosophy. After class, I made my way back to the Commons. After a quick lunch in the Caf and catching up with a few friends I had a quick meeting with a few ASB colleagues working on streamlining campus activities and then walked across campus to Rohr Religion for the last class of the day, Moral Development & Christian Spirituality. This is the first course I'm taking to fulfill the requirements for my new minor, Pre-Therapeutic Psychology. I've heard great things about this class and am looking forward to the texts we'll be reading and discussing in class.
All in all, it was an enjoyable day. I'm going to have to get working on a new sleeping pattern with some early mornings, but I'm looking forward to it. For now, I'm off to officially start the training schedule for a half marathon that I'll be running with my roommates in April!
More to come on the running pretty soon...
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment