One of the big positives about the last couple of days has been the realization that I have two months ahead of finally being able to get as much pleasure reading completed as I'd like. The further along in my collegiate career, I'm learning that with each year, I become deeper in the reading load from research classes to Lit classes, etc.
Regardless, I have begun pleasure reading and have just finished unpacking my books into my summer residence way down the hill in Young Hall on the cliffs of the Pacific. I have a few selections that I am eye-ing to get read before the summer ends and the busy fall semester commences.
My first pleasure reading pick of the summer is...
Leaving Church by Barbara Brown Taylor. My Mom gave me this for Christmas, and ironically, I gave her the same book! "You must read" comments from Anthony and Jana have bumped this book up the list and I'm enjoying the first few pages so far.
The rest of my list as I look up at my bookshelf right now...
Reaching Out by Henri Nouwen
The Silent Takeover: Global Capitalism and the Death of Democracy by Noreena Hertz
The Importance of Being Foolish by Brennan Manning
The Idea of a Christian College by Arthur Holmes
God's Politics by Jim Wallis
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Dutch by Edmund Morris
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Tempting Faith by David Kuo
Digging to America by Anne Tyler
Good to Great by Jim Collins
We'll see how the summer ends up. I probably will have a few other selections that will be thrown on the radar screen with book collections to peruse from other friends in the San Diego area this summer. My goal, completely ambitious I admit, is to finish one book a week.
Off to read until time for bed (early tonight)...
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment