Saturday, January 29

San Diego Sun!

This is a "part two" of my trip thus far, here in sunny San Diego. Well, it hasn't been sunny the whole time I've been here. Yesterday afternoon it started pouring rain and then continued all night long. But waking up this morning and walking outside to see sunshine is so much better.

Well, yesterday I had a busy day, but a productive one. I woke up at 7:30ish, got ready and walked over to the Admissions Building and checked in for the day. I headed off to an 8:30 class called World Regional Geography. It was pretty good. Not my first choice, but interesting. The class was taking a quiz and the prof had an extra copy and said, "Here, let's see how you do." So I went ahead and took it and got a 80! :-)

After class, I headed to chapel at 9:45. They had a Baptist bishop speaking from a black inner city church in L.A. His youth group choir performed and did Kirk Franklin! It was great. I wandered around campus after that and stopped by the library, read a bit, took some pictures and then headed to the caf for lunch at 12:15. I made my way back over to the Admissions Building for my admissions interview at 1. It was short, not to bad, and I guess to the point. I found out I won't be hearing if I'm accepted until early April! So, it'll be a long wait, but I'm excited.

Once I was through with my interview, I did some more wandering around campus for a few hours and then we headed to dinner at "The Fish Market," a restaurant in downtown San Diego on the water. It was really good food. We then made our way back to campus for a 7:30 concert with Cyrus Chestnut! He's probably the best jazz pianist I've heard in concert and was amazing. He was with his "trio" of himself, a bass violinist and a drummer. They played for nearly two hours. I was exhausted by the end of the evening, but it was a lot of fun.

I headed back to my room, and called it a night. And now this morning, I'm in the library on campus. We're going to grab lunch this afternoon and spend the day sightseeing and shopping. La Jolla, Balboa Park, and maybe the San Diego Zoo. Who knows. We'll see. Off to take many more pictures of the campus and the ocean! :-)

No comments: