I'm back into the swing of things now that vacation has come and gone by ever so quickly. We arrived back in Quincy earlier than expected on Thursday afternoon due to an incoming snowstorm that left about six more inches of snow on the ground. But all in all, the trip was good and productive. I enjoyed our visit to Trevecca and the campus. It was good to finally see it in person after knowing about it for almost my whole life. It was an interesting place, but possibly an option that I am considering for college next year. Trevecca's Political Science program is combined with their History major and isn't as developed and strong as Point Loma's program but there are good things with it as well. After we left campus I made a list of "pluses" and "minuses" about Trevecca and surprsingly had more positive things on my list. So we shall see.
I must admit however, that the culture and way of life in the South is very appealing. It was good to be around polite people that said "excuse me" and really were kind. And sweet tea! I love sweet tea (real, not instant) and you can get it almost anywhere down there. However, right now I've given up all beverages except for water and juice for Lent. So I don't get to have it that often, but splurged on Sunday when we went out to eat. It was good! :-)
The week flew by, but that also means school is coming more quickly to a close! Just over three months until graduation! The next couple of weeks will be busy, but I'm sure they will go by quickly.
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment