Saturday, February 5

Life Is Good

It has been a long and tiring week, but it's now come to an end, and I'm grateful for breaks on the weekends!

Well, my "exams" or tests are pretty much over with. I have an English test on Monday on Henry IV, so I'm preparing my information and notes this weekend. My grandparents, Mema & Pitts (my Mom's parents) flew in Friday afternoon and are in town to see my sister, Alayna walk at ENC's Winter Commencement on Sunday afternoon. I spent Friday afternoon and part of the evening with them and then headed into Boston to meet up with the Young Adults to see the film, Hotel Rwanda. I had been wanting to see this movie for a long time, but glad I waited as it was an amazing experience. If you haven't seen this, you need to see it. The movie has two Oscar nominations--Don Cheadle for Best Actor and Sophie Okonedo for Best Supporting Actress. Both were amazing and am hoping they win. But seriously, if you've yet to make it to the movie theaters in a while and have been waiting for a good one, please go see this.

This morning I slept in for a while and woke up, got ready and made way to the Thomas Crane Public Library to meet with a group from my English class. We're working on a project on psychoanalysis and how it relates to the movie, Toy Story 2. I know, it's weird--but it's going well.

This afternoon, I drove into Boston to pick up my Mom from Logan. She has been at a conference in FL since Thursday. Good to see her back. Alayna also arrived this afternoon via Providence. So its good to be with the family, as well as Mema & Pitts. I'm the official "photographer" tomorrow for the family at commencement, so I'm going to get a really good use out of my new digital camera. I'm looking forward to it. All in all, life is good. Be ever so fortunate with what life you have to live and what you are blessed with. Love the time being with your family and friends--as there really isn't anything better than that.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great post! I've enjoyed keeping up with you ...