Wednesday, March 16

Back & Busy

I know it's been a long time since I last "blogged" but boy is life busy! I got back without a hitch from Hyannis and the MASC Spring Conference last Friday afternoon. It was a good time and I was pleased with how the conference went. I heard some very good speakers (and a not so great one) -- but overall, it was a good time to "bond" with some kids from Student Council I hadn't "clicked" with, so I'm happy.

As you can guess, I came back to Quincy exhausted from three days of next to no sleep. So I came back and of course I have something planned for Friday evening! I went to the Semi (semi formal dance) sponsored by the Sophomore Class Council and it was pretty fun! Great job to the sophomores for pulling off a productive dance and fundraiser.

Naturally, the weekend was spent getting some sleep and catching up on some things that I missed while I was gone. And then it was back in action to a very heavy and long week. Monday night I had a Student Council Meeting at school that lasted about 2 1/2 hours. It was okay, but very tedious. We're finishing up some important details for the SEMASC Conference in April, so it's exciting, but also a little scary as it is coming so quickly! Our final theme that was granted approval from the SEMASC Exec Board is SEMASC Nation: Becoming Champions of Leadership. This is to go with the Red Sox theme while emphasizing the leadership piece as well. The logisitics are coming together and I'm excited about pulling this off!

Then last night at 7:00 p.m. I went to church for the budget meeting of our church board. We discussed many different staffing items, personnel issues, etc.--and at 11:15 p.m. we adjourned and are coming back in two weeks to finish approving the budget. It was a very draining meeting, but after weeks of anticipating it, I'm glad its now behind us. So in two weeks I get to spend about the same amount of time again to actually "approve" the budget for the upcoming fiscal year. What fun! Only two more meetings, and my responsibilities as a member of the Wollaston Church Board are complete!

This evening, I was planning on attending a School Committee Meeting at City Hall but decided to instead take a nap and get ahead on some work for school and college stuff. So that's why I'm able to catch up on the blog. Hope you all are having a productive week. Spring is only days away! :-)

No comments: