Wednesday, May 18

All Things New

It's been a busy week thus far and an exciting one as well! This morning at school, seniors were given their yearbooks. I'm excited to get some signatures & messages and writing to my fellow classmates. I was voted Best Laugh & Class Politician. Those of you around the Boston area, will have to take a look if you want to sometime.

This afternoon at Starbucks, I met with my manager, Jillian, for my barista certification. I passed! As a symbol of my accomplishment, I was given a small pin that says "certified barista." :-) I spent the remainder of my evening on the espresso bar (as usual) making hot drinks as customers came to the register. Ended up closing early, so that was a good thing!

Yesterday afternoon, I spent time with Mama Henck and we did some errands. We stopped by Bank of America in North Quincy and set up a student checking account for me. So exciting! It's a checking/debit/savings account and my ATM card should be arriving soon in the mail. I feel so old and official! Then after our bank trip we made a sidetrip to Classic Tuxedo, where I was fitted and measured for my tux for Senior Prom! I'll have to finally get around to learning how to post pictures once Prom has come and gone. Anyone who is a master at that, please let me know and we'll chat.

Other than that, school is winding down rapidly! NEDNYI Convention is on Saturday, and yours truly is scheduled to present a seminar. And I still haven't narrowed down my topic and haven't completed the prep work! So I've got some busy but good days ahead. Off to get some sleep!

No comments: