Sunday, May 15

Time Is Ticking Away!

T minus 8 days and counting until I am complete with my senior year of high school and my public school career! Hopefully, the next two weeks will come and go quickly, as I'm ready to be done! MCAS starts at school on Tuesday which means I have a late start at 10:20 a.m. each morning for six days straight. So this upcoming Tuesday through the following Tuesday my schedule at school is basically messed up which causes less class time, homework, etc. Then on Wednesday, May 25, we have the Senior Sign Out Assembly when we get our sign out sheets and begin the marathon of getting about 25 signatures (ranging from class teachers to guidance counselors to the principal) Depending on how convenient it is to get that completed, I will hopefully be "done" by Thursday afternoon. I've been warned however, that several department heads will only sign seniors out at certain times. So I want to be ready so I can get a prompt departure from school! ;-)

Then another whole host of Senior Week activities & events including Senior Scholarships, Senior Prom and Graduation on Tuesday, June 7th! If anyone is interesting in seeing me walk, come by Adams Field in Quincy. Let me know if you are coming, and I'll give you advice/info on parking, times, etc.

And tomorrow morning, I hand over the torch with my last meeting as Quincy High School Student Council President. My advisor gave me a gavel as a gift on Friday with my name inscribed on it, which I will "ceremonially" give to my successor at tomorrow's meeting--but I'll get to keep it afterwards ;-) This year has gone by fast and has been quite the interesting experience. But it's been an amazing opportunity to have and to be able to have served.

Well, as you can see, I'm eagerly looking forward to the days and weeks ahead. They should be good!

No comments: