Thursday, June 16

30 Days

No, this isn't another post about how many more days I have until I leave for sunny California, even though it is downright cold here right now! But last night, I was watching a new show on the FX network called, 30 Days.

It is a new weekly show, hosted and produced by Morgan Spurlock (see picture above) from the famed documentary, Super Size Me. The gist of the show is for Morgan to do something for 30 days and see how it affects him. Last night, he and his fiancee left their home in NYC and moved to Columbus, Ohio with nothing except for $20 and tried living on minimum wage for 30 days. They had to find an apartment to rent, find transportation to and from work, live with no furniture, and watch where they spent their money. In the end, they both had to pay for emergency room bills totaling over $1000 for minor injuries while on their jobs. It was a very interesting and eye-opening show. I'd recommend to anyone with cable to "tune in" to next week's episode on Wednesday at 10:00 p.m. EST on FX. And if you haven't seen the movie, Super Size Me, you need to go rent it and watch it. You will never eat fast food again! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
California will welcome you! It's a countdown for us, too (even though I'm not there yet, either).
Take care,
Andrew