
Good Morning! I'm short on time at the moment, but wanted to share two quick highlights from my time in Indianapolis at the Global NYI Convention and General Assembly. The two pictures up top are of two newly elected leaders of the Church of the Nazarene. The man on the left is Monte Cyr who was elected Global NYI President. He has served in Africa for several decades now and will be the second "international" to serve in this position. And the woman on the right is Nina Gunter. She became the first female elected as a General Superintendent in the Church of the Nazarene. These two elections excited me greatly and brought encouragement to several within the denomination who are actively seeking a more diverse and accurate representation of what our church looks like. I'll blog more later...off to my first day back at Starbucks!
2 comments:
I thought "J.K." was older ... ha! Nice post-- hope you had a good day at Starbucks.
OK, kiddo. After three days of this error going uncorrected, I don't feel bad pointing it out. Want you to know that I read your blog!
The picture of the "man on the right" doesn't work since there is only one man and he is on the left. (Unless there is an invisible picture that I'm not seeing.)
Just have to make sure you know your right from your left before you move from the "right coast" to the "left coast".
Love you!
==just ma==
Post a Comment