Tuesday, July 12

Summer Reading

Even though summer is here and has been here for a while now, I'm still adding books to my personal summer reading list. I began this soon after I graduated (when I got the "wow, I don't have to read any books this summer, but have so many that I want to read" feeling) I'm looking for some suggestions. Currently, I am reading two books. The first is Brennan Manning's The Ragamuffin Gospel. I'm a part of a book club that is reading it and discussing it on Tuesday nights during the summer. Meanwhile, I've almost finished Summoned to Lead by Leonard Sweet. Next, I'm actually contradicting what I just wrote about not having to read a book, because Point Loma has summer reading for all incoming freshmen. I just picked up Escape From Slavery from Barnes & Noble and will be starting that ever so shortly, as I leave in about a month!

Anyways, read over my list of summer reading and post any recommendations you may have. I started out in June with a list of about 20+ books, but have since cut the list down a bit. Tell me what you think...

Fast Food Nation
What's The Matter With Kansas?
Carpe Manana by Leonard Sweet
Blue Like Jazz
SoulTsunami by Leonard Sweet
The 8th Habit by Stephen Covey
Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celebration of Discipline definitely belongs at the top of that list, I recommend. That book is some of the most worthwhile reading I've done. And I read a lot. My summer list includes The Power of One and the 9/11 Commission Reports. Enjoy your summer, Andrew! We'll look forward to seeing you in California.

Amanda said...

I too, would highly recommend Celebration of Discipline. It is wonderful and could lay a strong foundation for your continued spiritual journey.