Sunday, August 28

A Wonderful Weekend

Well, I've completed my first official week of classes as a college student and the weekend has been great. On Friday afternoon, I finished my week with my Psych 101 class at 1:05 p.m. After that I headed back to the room, went running with the roommates and then made our way up to campus at 5:00 for the Backyard Bash. Campus Lane (the main street through campus) was lined with games, booths, stands, tables with clubs/activities, etc. It was pretty cool meeting even more new people and getting some more information on how to get involved at PLNU. Then two guys from my unit and I decided to make a trek towards Albertsons (a grocery store) that is a few blocks down the street from campus. I picked up a few things and filled out an application for my own Albertsons card! Afterwards we headed back, dropped off groceries at the room and headed up to the Greek at 8 to watch the movie, "Hitch." It was a whole lot of fun. People brought airbeds, mattresses, lawn chairs, etc. Once the movie was over, I headed back to the room, watched a few episodes of "Alias," cooked up some ramen noodles and went to bed at 1:15 A.M.! YES! Contrary to popular belief, I can stay up late!

Saturday came with great surprise as I woke up and looked at the clock. It was 12:00 in the afternoon. I slept for 11 hours! It was a great sleep and I felt really good. About an hour later, I headed to Mission Beach with my hall for the first "Young Hall Beach BBQ." Our RD, Bill, cooked up some cheeseburgers and hot dogs and they were good! Pretty much spent the day in the sun, and sadly my chest & back show it, as most of it is a beautiful shade of pink. Other than that it was good to get off campus, be at the beach with good weather, good food and some good people. We got back from Mission Beach at around 7:00, got cleaned up, and then we went back out again with some guys from our unit and "shuttled" our way off campus to Target to do a little shopping. I got some new sunglasses that I'm still not sure about, but will likely end up keeping. Once I got back, did a couple loads of laundry, watched some T.V. and then went to bed after a long but great day!

This morning, I woke up at 9:30 a.m. got showered and dressed for church and was running a little late up the hill, but to my surprise got a ride up to campus! Always a good thing. This morning was the first Sunday for the new pastor, Dee Kelley. I had heard him before and wanted to check it out. He's a pretty good preacher and a really good guy. I'm probably going to head to 'The Vine" tonight at 7 which is the University Service at San Diego First Church. He's preaching again this evening, so I'm looking forward to it.

Other than that, I'm here blogging about the weekend. The sun is shining, there are no clouds in the sky and life is absolutely amazing. Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the afternoon and evening and then having a great start to the week!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow-- it sounds like a great weekend. Sorry, I wasn't able to talk-- give me another day or two and I will give you a call. My favorite part of this entry was "I got a ride to campus." Isn't your Res Hall on campus? :) It just made me smile-- Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Andrew your weekend sounds great.
you're awesome and i'm pumped to here that you're having a great time!