Tuesday, September 13

On The Job Hunt

I blogged a while back about the prospects of getting employment on campus. More specifically I had blogged about the Student Assistant position in the Political Science Department on campus. I have since learned that I was not hired for that, so I've moved on and continued the job hunt. Yesterday I was looking on PLNU's website at the Online Job Board and found a posting for "publicity designer" in the PLNU Wellness Center. The position would entail creating and designing all flyers, posters and other materials in the Wellness Center. I had had experience in high school with drama club publicity and work with Student Council, so I thought I'd check it out. I found the e-mail address for the supervisor and asked if they were still accepting applications. I got an e-mail back this morning saying that if I dropped by my resume I could schedule an interview ASAP. Once I got out of class I spent about an hour pulling together stuff for a resume, went to the library, printed it out and made my way over to the Wellness Center. I spoke with the contact from the online posting and have an interview scheduled for Monday at 1:30 p.m.! So I'm pleased with some development and progress (unlike the past applications ;-) and will keep you posted...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

No Starbucks? I miss my favorite barista!

Anonymous said...

HEY! best of luck with your job!! i miss you andy