So I've had a delightful day and pretty much nonstop good things have made it such a good day that its been. I woke up and went to Mid City Church of the Nazarene for worship. This was my third Sunday visiting this congregation, and yet again, I enjoyed it thoroughly. At the end of service, I joined my friends, Scott and Sarah Borger at their house for a wonderful "homecooked" Sunday dinner :-) It was a great afternoon...
But this morning as the service continued, I sat and thought about the little things of worship that cause me to realize how much I love Him and how beautiful a sight it is to see a corporate body come together each week to glorify Christ. Everything from the sounds of the doxology being sung a cappella by a congregation of everyone ranging from college student to homeless person to the ritual of communion being partaken by the "modern day disciples" among us who are being the hands and feet of Christ to a desperate world--I love Christian community, especially when it comes together even with the basic of basics to worship Him.
I was listening to music this evening and had Fernando Ortega on. His song, "Give Me Jesus" came on and spoke to me. I've loved this song for a while and it never seems to get old. Its basic lyrics remind me of how simple the story of His love is for us and how beautiful it is even to be basic when worshipping him.
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus
Chorus
Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus
When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone
Give me Jesus
Chorus
And when I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die
Give me Jesus
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
1 comment:
Andrew,
One of my favorite songs ... thanks for sharing about your day.
Post a Comment