Tuesday, October 18

My Wonderful Weekend





I finally have some time to sit and blog more extensively about my weekend at home. I arrived home after a long day of flying, having left campus at 10:15 a.m. (west coast time) I landed at Logan Airport in Boston at 12:45 a.m. (east coast time) So as you can guess I was pretty tired. Friday was pretty low key--I finally got a haircut, got to stop by the old work at Quincy Center Starbucks and spent a good deal of time with the family. Saturday was the big day--my sister's wedding reception at our house. We had people in and out pretty much all day long. It was great to be able to see so many people. I pretty much ate as much food as possible all day, as I don't get home cooked food that often these days! ;-) I also found a new favorite food of mine--quiche! My mom made this incredible quiche with crab in it. Mmm. One downer about the weekend...it rained pretty much nonstop. It had rained for nine days straight, until Sunday when they sun finally came out. It turned out to be a beautiful fall day! I got to see some colorful leaves (although the peak time isn't for a few weeks) So...Alayna and Ben--congratulations! It was great to see you both. Mema--thanks for coming! It was good to spend time with you. And Mom & Dad, thanks for making it possible for me to come home! It was so good to be home, sleep in my own bed, get some real food, be with you, etc...love you all!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It was great to see you over the weekend ... however, I got no air-time on your blog, ha! Hope your week is going well.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeremy said...

Man...I didn't even know Alayna was engaged! I'm glad you had a good time.

F&TC,
- J