Wednesday, June 20

Greetings from Camp Pinerock!

I'm here at Camp Pinerock in Prescott, AZ with Called Out right now. We arrived in AZ on Sunday evening. We ate dinner on camp and then had our first staff meeting to prepare for Monday's arrival of students and counselors. We're leading worship this week for AZ District Senior High Camp and next week we'll be here again for AZ District Junior High Camp.

I'm in the "counselor getaway" also known on camp as the "Leisure Hall" and they have installed wireless internet for this week and next. I'm also serving as a counselor for a group of 5 students from Gilbert Family Church of the Nazarene. Camp Pinerock is an interesting place as compared to most campgrounds I've been to. The "cabins" are really dorms with each building getting its own name. The buildings are fairly close together and there are even paved sidewalks!

The camp has been going well so far. Each of us are serving as counselors and leading worship during the evening service. Monday night we began our set at 6:30 p.m. We finished playing and the speaker began at 8:00 p.m.! Tuesday night was even longer. AZ folks love to sing and worship and its been a neat thing to be a part of so far.

After the service each night, the church groups split up and have "family group time" and after that the "Snack Shack" is open. Our task for the week has to been to staff and run this each night. Between the eight of us, we've got a pretty well oiled operation. We've been scooping ice cream for dozens and dozens of root beer floats. My job has been taking orders and running change back and forth.

We are here at Camp Pinerock until Friday night and then we're heading to our bass player, Rachel's house which is right in Prescott. We'll spend the night there, wake up and do some laundry and then drive to Desert Hills where we'll play at the church on Sunday morning. Afterwards, we'll load up the bus and drive back to Prescott on Sunday night before the start of AZ Junior High Camp.

I'm hoping to get some photos up before the end of the week, so keep on checking back in and hopefully I can get some up soon.

Enjoy the day and the rest of the week...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow-- it sounds like they are keeping you busy! I finish packing tonight then meet your parents at the airport tomorrow morning. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Oh.... Camp Pinerock. Live up the beautiful Prescott air, Henck!