Saturday, May 31

Wow.

It's another sunshine filled Saturday and I'm indoors for the time being, sitting at a coffee place called Cream in the University Heights neighborhood of San Diego. I decided to get off campus for a bit to finally hunker down and finish my End of the Year Report for student government. This annual rite of passage occurs when all of the ASB directors summarize their year of service in student government, writing on everything from their goals at the beginning of the year to any policy changes that occurred in their office to working with staff to serving on committees. Having been through this once, one would think that I would have gotten the hang of this and finished it well ahead of time like I did last year. But alas, I've got some reflecting, contemplating and writing to do in the hours ahead.

It has been an interesting time thus far, looking through my report from last year and seeing how my experiences through student government have helped shape where I am right now as a college senior. And to think that I "officially" assume my role as Student Body President tomorrow on June 1st.

I probably will begin to sound like an old man as I think of "what a difference a year makes" or thinking "my how time flies." However, for today at least I'm going to go ahead and look back at the year that's passed and look forward at the year ahead with great amazement.

As I wrap up my report here, I'll head back to campus and get caught up on laundry and packed for a journey that begins tomorrow to ACSD with the RD staff on campus to the thriving metropolis of Columbus, Ohio.

Wow.

No comments: