Well, the much anticipated blizzard has come and gone. It was to be a decent sized storm as of Friday morning. They were predicting about 8-12 inches of snow. Then hour by hour, the forecast changed and by Saturday morning, people were running out to the grocery stores stocking up for a blizzard. Indeed it was huge! It snowed starting around 3:00 p.m. on Saturday and kept snowing until about early Sunday afternoon. I've yet to see an exact measurement of how much Quincy got, but it was pretty hard to measure the snowfall as there were so many snowdrifts. Our backyard has about five feet of snow in it.
Anyways, because of the blizzard, I'm also out of school until Wednesday. Quincy cancelled for Monday and Tuesday on Sunday afternoon, and at the point was the only school system other than Boston to do so, so quickly. Well this morning, nearly everyone is cancelled for today as well. This also means that midterms have been pushed back a day. They were supposed to be on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. But now they will be on Thursday, Friday and Monday. I've got a new obstacle to overcome in rescheduling some of them, because I will be on my way to San Diego on Thursday morning! I had planned ahead of time with the exams I would miss, but the blizzard changed everything and I'll actually be able to take the ones I thought I was going to miss. Hopefully teachers will be understanding.
Well, enough talking about this blizzard! It's been pretty cool to watch and see everything run at a slower pace for a while. To those of you who live in Quincy--stay safe and stay warm!
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment