Monday, January 17

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, the long weekend has been good. Not as I planned, but it still went well! I spent the morning on Saturday over at church for a work day. I spent time polishing woodwork, dusting, etc. It was good to see the church when it was through. It looks a lot better. I watched the Golden Globes on Sunday night. Sad to see Jennifer Garner didn't win for Alias, but Robin Williams' acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Award made up for it. He turned what would typically be a 20 minute ramble session into a stand-up comedy routine. He's one funny guy. This morning, I slept in and made my way into Boston via the "T" to Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) to see my Student Council Advisor, Mr. Scanlan who's recovering from cancery surgery. It was good to be able to see him and talk for a while. This afternoon, a group from my English class came over to work on a project together. We have to do a psychoanalysis of the movie, "Toy Story 2." We got a lot done and we're making progress. So, all in all, a productive weekend. Midterms are coming up next week, so I'll be busy with studying and prep work. But a week from Thursday, I fly to San Diego! January's coming to a close quickly and it will be busy, but it should be good!

No comments: