The first day back to school after vacation went better than expected. It was actually good to see everyone again. Many new haircuts but it's still the same old Quincy High! Mr. Scanlan is back in action after being out for six weeks after his surgery, so it was great to see him today.
I'm also in the process of eagerly looking for employment. I've applied at Barnes and Noble and filled out an online application at FedEx/Kinkos. I'm not feeling confident about either of these, so I've decided to also apply at Starbucks. I'd like to work somewhere that I could pick up a job wherever I end up next year. You can find a Starbucks or a B&N in almost every city in America, so I think it would be good to have.
As for the Oscar predictions, I went out on a limb yesterday with my picks. I was correct with my predictions for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor (Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman) Yet, as for the ladies, I wasn't so lucky. I should have agreed with all the critics as Hilary Swank and Cate Blanchett won the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress Oscars last night. All in all, I wasn't very pleased with the show in general. Chris Rock was not very funny as the host. He's no Billy Crystal! But oh well...it's all good.
The forecast this afternoon shows our area getting clobbered again with another snowstorm. They've been all over the map about snow vs. rain or a mix of both, but now are forecasting at least a foot of snow. Nearly every senior is going to be doing a snow dance this evening in hopes of yet another snow day tomorrow. I have to admit I'll be joining them! Hey, I don't have to make it up in June. Or atleast I hope not...???
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
1 comment:
Hi Andrew!
I'm excited about your blog! I've always wanted to start one, but I haven't had a chance..Soo maybe I'll start one.Good job on your Oscar picks. You came really close. I'll agree that they weren't that great this year. I did laugh a few times at Chris Rock, but it definatly wasn't a stand out performance. I'll be doing a snowdance tonight too! LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!! I'm really glad you liked Trivecca.I think every senior right now is just waiting to see what comes along. Only three more months left! It will definatly fly! Well, I'm off to rewrite my Ellis paper. Im trying to take all of the is's be's etc. out.. A very tricky thing to do. I'll see you tomorrow ANDY! BYEE
--MB aka marybeth :)
Post a Comment