I had an interesting day today, complete with a job interview at the local Starbucks in East Milton Square. I made my way over to Starbucks afterschool, arriving a few minutes early --lucky enough, I was waiting within hearing distance from another interview that was going on and got a heads up on the questions that were being asked! :-)
This was a "job fair" so there were three Starbucks locations that we hiring--Starbucks @ Star Market, Starbucks @ Quincy Center and Starbucks @ East Milton Square. So I was prepared for a few interviews. My first was with the manager of the Quincy Center Starbucks. She was very receptive to my responses, friendly and I think it went well.
A funny anecdote--after I finished with the first interview, the manager asked me if I wanted a drink. I asked for a caramel frappucino. She asked what size and I paused for a minute trying to remember which was which. So I said "um...venti." Two minutes later, she brings out the largest Starbucks cup I had ever seen! Venti turns out to be the large. I felt so extremely foolish, but she didn't seem to care. I took a sip and placed it on the floor, out of the sight of the next manager I was waiting to be interviewed by. :-)
The second manager was actually from the East Milton Square location and had called me the week before to tell me about my interview. She gave the more "formal interview" (her words) and used a flip book of pretty specific questions. I got to share the gammit of my short career of work experiences and she seemed to receive it pretty well.
All in all, I am to be expecting a phone call on Monday or Tuesday of next week from a manager. Since I interviewed with multiple managers from two locations, I could end up at either one of the Starbucks stores. We shall see! Oh how I really want and need a job! More to come...
Setting boundaries in relationships rarely fails at the first conversation.
It fails on the eleventh day, when the thing you asked for quietly stops
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment