Wednesday, April 20

Starbucks Satisfaction

Well, I've been at Starbucks for two days so far, and I have to say that I enjoy it! I've been in training that was pretty boring on Monday, but yesterday I spent much of the day doing coffee tastings and learning how to make frappuccinos! I can make virtually any of them--caramel, coffee, java chip, and mocha. They're really easy and really good. So I've completed the cold beverage section and hot beverage section which leaves the dreaded espresso bar! I've been told that this is the longest section and most difficult to master, so it will be an interesting day.

On Saturday, as a part of my training certificate, my manager is sending me to Cambridge for a class from 9-3:00 p.m. Much of this is sitting and listening to Starbucks' history and learning more in-depth about the company.

All in all, I'm having fun and am SO glad that I got a job at Starbucks. My manager is very nice and the rest of the "partners" at the store are really understanding and are helpful as I learn the different recipes. Should be a fun summer! I'm looking forward to it...

No comments: