Sunday, April 17

An Update On Life

Its been a while, I know! But this past week is finally over and I got through it to tell about it, so here goes...Tuesday, our school hosted the SEMASC Spring Conference and I'm proud to say it was a success! I was very pleased with how it went (late nights and all) and am proud of the Quincy High School Student Council! Great work! The rest of the week was pretty calm but it went very slowly...but its done. I'm on vacation this next week, so I'll be catching up on some sleep. Another piece of exciting news...I got hired at Starbucks! I am now employed at the Starbucks in Quincy Center and start training tomorrow at noon. I'm SO very excited and can't wait to get to work. I'm hoping to spend much of this next week at Starbucks in training and making some money. Soon I'll get the "bible of drinks" to make so I can start studying the more than 100 drinks that they over at Starbucks! Plus, I get a pound of coffee a week, drinks whenever I want, so the perks will be nice! For all of you in the Boston area, come by and see me pretty soon. I'll be in training so maybe wait a week, and then I'll be ready for visitors ;-) Then on Friday night, my Dad and I made our way into Boston's Fenway Park for the baseball game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. We arrived early enough for some batting practice and saw some players up close. I took a lot of pictures, but after I learn how to post them, I'll get them up. But all in all, it was a fun night and great to be able to watch the Sox! Other than that, the year is winding down rapidly and I'm ready for it to end! It is supposed to get in the 80's this week, so I'm happy. Spring is here! :-) I'll keep you all updated on the musings of a Starbucks employee as I get some time under my belt. I'm looking forward to it! I just need to start to remember that venti is a large and NOT a small! ;-)

No comments: