Monday, August 22

First Day Of School

Well hello again. I'm at the library trying to kill some time and thought I'd blog! It's Monday and today is the first day of college classes! It's about 11:40 a.m. here and I have been in two classes plus chapel so far this morning. I woke up and got to my Elementary Spanish I class which starts at 7:30 a.m. Seems to be a nice professor but very strict. She's already told us that much of her focus will be on grammar--i.e. she takes of 1/2 a point for every accent/spelling error we make :-( So that should be interesting. Unfortunately this class meets four times a week at 7:30 a.m. So my mornings are going to be early!

My next class was across campus in the new Fermanian School of Business building. Surprisingly enough, this wasn't a business class, yet my Intro to Political Science class. Dr. Kirkemo, my advisor, is the professor and the room was full of 46 students! But it was cool realizing I'm taking the class in the new "state-of-the-art" business complex. Should be a good class.

Chapel was good as well. There are SO many students here--so many that they have added "overflow seating" outside the sanctuary in the foyer with a screen providing video feed from inside chapel. At the end of it, Dr. Pitts (the chaplain) had all freshmen come to the front of the sanctuary to kneel and be prayed for by the other students. Pretty cool thing to see.

So as of now, my day is done. After chapel, which ends at 10:30 my Mondays are complete. I'm about to head across campus to meet a roommate for lunch and then likely will take my first of several college naps!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hey Andrew -

I read your blog all the time, but I don't think I've yet commented.

Just wanted to say that I'm excited for you (and jealous!). All I can say about college is:
Live it up!

I know I can say that to you and you'll know the kind of "living" I'm talking about.

If you let them, these days will be some of your best via friendship, learning, personal development, and most of all, God. Have a blast!

F&TC,
- J

andrew said...

Hey Jeremy!

Thanks for the advice and good words. I'm really enjoying my time here thus far. The first week has been good and I'm looking forward to my future here. Keep blogging and commenting. Good to hear from you...

Amanda said...

Andrew,

I'm so glad you've had a great first day. Sorry, I did not get you called-- it was a crazy Monday, which included the first day of training week for RAs/SGA. Busy, busy! Look forward to connecting with you by phone. I'll be off to the airport soon to pick up your parents. Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you survived your first day of Spanish and have I told you recently that I am completely jealous? Just checking!